Friday, September 20, 2013

An Introduction

Welcome to Sunshine & Pink!  We are so happy that you are here.  Before we get into all the fun that is going to be happening around here we wanted to introduce the faces behind Sunshine & Pink.

Lisa: My hubby and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary in January.  Together we have three active boys.  This year all three boys are in school.  It is kind of odd to have such a quiet house all day long!  The boys are loving school and I do have to admit that I enjoy being able to have some time during the day to sew.  I'm really excited about Sunshine & Pink and being able to work with Maria!

Maria: My hubby and I are getting ready to celebrate our 14th wedding Anniversary on the 25th of this month. We have six children, three boys and then three girls. The older four children are in school. The two little girls are home with me all day and I love it. My oldest just turned 13 and my youngest will be two in a week. It's amazing how quickly time flies. The girls are great at modeling what I sew and can be found pulling out fabric for dresses they want.

We met three years ago while we were both living in South Korea and became fast friends.  We had so much fun sewing together and were even known to make matching skirts for ourselves and Maria's girls and then wear them to church that Sunday.

It was while we were in Korea that we really gained a love for fabric and sewing.  There was a great store that we visited quite frequently called Happy Quilt.  Oh man, that was the best fabric store ever!  Nothing like fabric stores here in the United States.

We have spent the last three years improving our sewing skills.  At the beginning of September we opened up a boutique on Etsy.  We have started out with girls dresses, but have plans to add clothing for boys too!  Make sure you head on over to Etsy and check out Sunshine & Pink!

4 comments:

  1. Great post! We sure do need a Happy Quilt in the states! I would drive to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I still had some little ones to buy clothes for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your introduction post! I will be following you all! I can't wait to see more from you. I shared your introduction on g+!
    Gina @ Gina's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing our post and for following us!

      Delete